Audit Manager Tools and Techniques
||8:30 A.M - 3:30 P.M
Master the skills necessary to manage audit teams with efficiency. This course provides new managers with the tools needed to effectively manage audit teams, while exploring the life cycle of an audit from an audit manager’s perspective.
During this course, you will examine and practice the skills needed to lead as a manager by learning how to supervise and develop an audit team, manage change, and effectively manage relationships with not only your team, but also with the CAE, executive management, and the audit committee.
This course is designed for internal auditors with 6–10 years’ experience who want to learn the concepts, tools, and techniques to enhance their effectiveness as an audit manager.
- Identify the mission of internal audit and the audit model as they relate to the audit manager role.
- Identify the internal control environment and risk in the control environment.
- Compare the roles and responsibilities of the board of directors and the audit committee, and executive management and management-level committees.
- Identify the audit engagement responsibilities of an audit manager.
- Identify audit manager responsibilities for audit planning, including defining the audit plan, setting the audit budget, resources, and schedule, project management tools, and reviewing the risk assessment, risk matrix, and internal controls.
- Identify audit manager responsibilities for audit fieldwork, including effective monitoring and feedback, and root cause analysis.
- Identify audit manager responsibilities as they relate to audit reports and audit wrap up.
- Identify the QAIP Framework and the formal quality assurance standards that the internal audit function is required to follow.
- Identify key concepts necessary to supervising and developing staff.
- Identify leadership skills necessary for audit managers
- Identify strategies necessary for managing change effectively.
- Identify strategies necessary for managing relationships and marketing the internal audit function from an audit manager perspective.
- Identify innovative problem solving techniques.
Print-friendly Course Description and Outline